Thursday, May 24, 2012

Semifinal Two: The Results

Sadly, I'm not going to have much commentary on this one, since they haven't posted the full second semifinal online yet, so I'm pulling this together from clips on You Tube.

Again, I got seven out of ten

Goodbye Netherlands, Portugal, and Slovenia.  Hello Malta, Bosnia/Herzegovina, and Lithuania.

And my impressions of the second semifinal:
  • The Maltese really brought their "A game"; it's no wonder they made it through.  I might have voted for it.
  • What happened to the Belorussian entry between the national final and their performance in the semifinal.  It was like a completely different song, and not in a good way.
  • Bulgaria's entry was actually hindered by the presentation.   She needed dancers and less cutting from the cameras.  It might have improved her chances, because she really performed the song well.  The opposite could be said for Croatia.
  • Anri Jokhadze really put on a show...  I'm kind of sad it didn't make it to the final.
  • Ott Lepland shouldn't have made it through.  He was majorly flat...
  • Wow, the person with the most noticeable eye shadow was Max Jason Mai from Slovakia.
  • Both Norway and Sweden's songs were more muted that I hoped they would be.
  • Bosnia got lucky by the draw.  The quiet interlude after the two previous songs made this feel fresh.
It's going to be an interesting show on Saturday.  Hopefully I'll be able to stream it live.

No comments:

Post a Comment