Saturday, May 12, 2012

Eurovision 2012 Entrants: Greece

I have to admire the Greeks.  Even though their economy is in free fall, they are still willing to enter Eurovision. 


Eleftheria Eleftheriou  "Aprhodisiac"


It's a catchy little number, Ms. Eleftheriou is in complete control of the stage, and it's certain to do well enough to make the top half of the board in the finals.

The thing is, I don't expect the song to win, and that's another smart move on the Greek's part.  They've sent this basic song twice before.



Helena Paparizou  "My Number One"  2005



Kalomira  "Secret Combination"  2008


They came in first and second respectively, which means this type of song is very popular among Eurovision watchers.  But, in my opinion, it's just a little too generic to make it to the top.


However, come the night, I may be forced to eat my words on this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment