Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Eurovision 2012 Entrants: Moldova

I have to say I always look forward to Moldova's entry to Eurovision.  The have always set the standard for upbeat, slightly manic songs that are insanely catchy and a big hit with my friends.  A walk through Moldova's resent history will bring a smile to most Alaska Eurovision watchers.

So naturally, Moldova is one of those countries that I look forward to, because fun will be brought.


Pasha Parfeny  "Lautar"

It's fun, but a more subdued fun than previous years.  Parfeny doesn't have a fairy princess on a unicycle and he's not dressed up as a warrior princess and there's no Epic Sax Guy

 
But compared to the earnestness that seems to be a theme in most of the other songs this year, the bouncy beat is a breath of fresh air, and I'm looking forward to it making the finals and making my friends very happy.

(And on a fashion note, I love his pants a lot.  Were I younger and hipper, I think I'd attempt the look.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment