Saturday, May 19, 2012

Eurovision 2012 Entrants: Belarus

Just a few more days until the first semifinal and only two more songs to review.  And to begin the end of my reviews, Let's take a listen to the Belorussian entry.




Litesound  "We Are The Winners"

I have to say this is not the type of music I'm a fan of.  I like my rock to be a little more hardcore, not the pop rock that Litesound is performing.  But, if they performed the song this way, and thy got a good draw, I would think they had a chance to go through to the finals, since this sound is nowhere to be found elsewhere in the contest.

The funny thing is that this song wasn't the winner in the Belorussian national final.  When the voting was done at the national final, another song took the top spot.



Alyona Lanskaya  "All My Life"

But after accusations of vote fixing were bandied around, the President of Belarus, Alexander Lukashenko, personally investigated, and discovered that the accusations were correct and "it had to be decided on the presidential level, but this was a matter of justice and it was his duty to stand up for justice".

I just find the fact that president of Belarus felt the need to step in and solve the problem of choosing a Eurovision winner...  It would be like Barack Obama determining the winner of America's Got Talent was the wrong one.  It seems a very trivial issues, and something that should be able to be solved without the head of government stepping in to solve the issue.

Yet who am I to judge on what's politically important?  I'm just a blogger living half a world away from Belarus...


 


No comments:

Post a Comment