Saturday, May 5, 2012

Eurovision 2012 Entrants: Israel

I can't review the Israeli entrant without telling you a story about the first person in the US that I started telling about my interest in the Eurovision Song Contest.

My passion for the Eurovision Song Contest began in the late 1990s, when I lived in the Emerald Isle as an exchange student, but I kept my passion to myself until the 2007 contest, when I finally decided to share my passion with my friends, starting with my best friend here in the Last Frontier to the joys of Eurovision.

My friend, who for anonymity's sake, will be referred to Janet S., was unimpressed with tangoing Norwegians, crooning Germans, or Turks bribing women with candy.  But she was all in when I showed her this song



Teapacks  "Push The Button"  2007

Yep, this little ditty about global thermonuclear war made the mysterious Janet S. a Eurovision fan.  Or at least yelling "Push The Button" on a regular basis...

So I had to send the Israeli song to her and get her opinion.


Izabo  "Time"

And she likes it.  She is grateful that she's not scared of clowns, but other than that its good.  But then she said, "If I like it, it has no chance to do well."

And I can't disagree with her.  I personally love the song, and I've listened to it numerous times, which is rare for me, a Eurovision fan.  But I wonder if Europeans will like the indie/college rock vibe of Izabo.  I hope they do, because I'd like it to get to the final and do well.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment