Saturday, May 5, 2012

Eurovision 2012 Entrants: Estonia

Estonia has been one of my favorite countries at the Eurovision Song Contest, in the past few years, they've sent songs that have gone onto my favorites playlist on my iPod, so I was kind of looking forward to the Estonian entry.


Ott Lepland  "Kuula"

Although he gets major brownie points for singing in Estonian, his performance leaves me flat.  It's just a guy standing at a microphone, holding the stand like he's on a merry-go-round.  No matter how gorgeous the voice or how handsome the man singing the song, just standing there just isn't good enough.

Well, unless you're this person


Patricia Kaas  "Et s'il fallait le faire"  France  2009

All bow down to the greatness that is Patricia Kaas.

Sorry.  Got distracted for a minute...

However, I know a way that this dull staging can be changed, and Estonia can put some more people on the stage.  Just adapt this video and it's sure to be in the final.


"Kuula", interpreted by HOFF - the Haapsalu Horror And Fantasy Film Festival

A Eurovision song and zombies.  Yep.  I'm in.  And so would all my friends, the least of which is the lovely Janet S., who is a zombie fanatic. 

Zombies and Eurovision, two things that go surprisingly great together...

No comments:

Post a Comment