Friday, April 21, 2017

Eurovision 2017: Czech Republic

I always root for the underdog and the Czech Republic is the biggest Eurovision underdog.   They have only made the finals once and have had the cruel distinction of receiving "nul points' in a semifinal.

I want the Czech Republic to succeed and I want them to succeed spectacularly.

I don't think the Czech Republic will do so this year.


Martina Bárta  "My Turn"

I hate to dismiss this as a filler song, but it is.   This smoky jazzy ballad is going to be swallowed up on the stage in Kyiv and the Czech Republic doesn't have any friends who vote for it.  This is one of the few songs this year that I can say for certain has no chance of qualifying for the final.  

That said, this song is one that I personally love and "My Turn" has made me listen to more of her music.   She has been in jazz bands, plays the French horn, and just comes off as being cool.   She may not have voting success in Kyiv, but I would spend the money to see her in concert or buy one of her CDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment