Friday, April 14, 2017

Eurovision 2017: Azerbaijan

I am really snide when it comes to Azerbaijan's Eurovision songs, because they have used the Eurovision Song Contest as a tool of soft power.to promote themselves as a world power.

That stench of desperation has tainted my opinion of their entries--which boils down to "money can't buy you taste".   But this year, I have to set my cynicism aside.   I genuinely like the song that Azerbaijan is sending to Kyiv.


Dihaj   "Skeletons"

It is another one of those modern, radio-friendly numbers that sound like songs that are on the radio right now.   Because it sounds like something you already like, it's a no-brainer that people will vote for this.  And the Azerbaijani broadcaster will throw a little money at the staging to make this be something you won't forget.

So yeah, you'll see this in the final and for once I won't mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment