Sunday, May 12, 2013

Eurovision 2013: Moldova

I hate to say this, but Moldova has completely missed it this year.  Instead of going with something insanely upbeat and fun--the hallmark of Moldovan entries--Moldova has gone with a ballad.


Aliona Moon  "O Mie"

The wrong ballad


Cristina Scarlat  "I Pray"

I don't think I would have a problem with Ms. Moon's song if it weren't so derivative.  But when you take away the parts stolen from Sabina Babayeva's song from last year and Jade Ewan's song from back in 2009, all you'd have left is Ms. Moon singing in her knickers.   

I just can't see "O Mie" doing at all well, and it bores me to tears.

And there were so many more interesting songs that would have made me much happier if they had made it through.


Irina Kitoroagă  "L.O.V.E. Love"



Doiniţa Gherman   "Planeta e un rai"

And the saddest thing about this post is I can't put up the actual songs from the Moldovan national final in this post.  For whatever reason, they're not available online.  So if you want to see the actual performances, you should watch the national final here.  I highly recommend it, especially for the fashions.  The Moldovan costumes are pretty fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment