Sunday, May 5, 2013

Eurovision 2013: Macedonia

If you've been a reader of my blog, you know that my favorite song in Eurovision last year.

 
Kaliopi  "Crno i belo"
 
So I was looking forward to hearing the selection of the Macedonian entry this year.
 
And I have to say that I was highly disappointed when I heard this song.
 
 
 
Esma and Lozano  "Pred da se razdeni"
 
He's a good singer.  She's a good singer.  But it feels like they're performing two different songs in two different places, and as my rule on duets, it fails completely, and I fully suspect it's not going to make it out of the semifinal--especially since it is third in the running order.
 
What is interesting is that "Pred da se razdemi" wasn't the original song choice for Macedonia.  At the original presentation on February 27th was this song.
 
 

 
Esma and Lozano  "Imperija"
 
"Imperija" was changed because the Macedonian public didn't like the song.  
 
I can't see what's so bad with it; in fact, the singers seem more cohesive in "Imperija".  If I knew how to speak Macedonian I might feel differently, but as an English speaker I don't see any point in the change.
 
All in all, I'm disappointed by Macedonia this year.  Maybe next year...
 



No comments:

Post a Comment