Saturday, March 7, 2015

Eurovision 2015: The United Kingdom



I'm going to up to date for once on a son.  The British entry was announced just a few hours ago and I've finally had a chance to sit down and watch it.

The BBC has decided to go for an internal selection yet again, and they've chosen an unknown group to represent them in Vienna.



Electro Velvet   "Still In Love" 

Gotta admit, on first blush I think it's the best song the UK has selected in a long time.  It's a genre of music new to me called "electroswing".   It's memorable, catchy, and a hell of a lot of fun.   Isn't that what you want in a Eurovision song?

The only thing I have reservations about is if it will be well performed live...   A video can't provide you knowledge of that.

Here's hoping they can put on a show and get a good result.



No comments:

Post a Comment