Sunday, March 15, 2015

Eurovision 2015: Switzerland

Well, the last songs for this year's Eurovision are being chosen and released right now, but instead of taking a look at the newest songs, I'm going back to a song that was settled a while ago.



Switzerland tends to choose their song early, and the final, "ESC 2015--Die Grosse Entscheidungsshow" took place back on January 31st.

I wish I could say that I found the show exciting with a bunch of worthy songs, but the entire show seemed rather amateurish, with none of the six finalists setting the stage on fire.



Deborah Bough    "Take Me Back To 23"


Tiziana   "Only Human"

After the show was over, the Swiss public and jury selected the Mauritian-Swiss singer Mélanie René.


Mélanie René   "Time To Shine"

In a weak final, this rather average ballad was the winner.   Although I know there has been tinkering with the song and performance since the final, I don't think this will make it to the final.   

"Time to Shine" is a generic ballad that sounds like twenty other ballads that have been performed at Eurovision, and unless you have a lot of friendly countries that share the same musical tastes, the song and performance is going to be forgotten. 

The only way Switzerland can make it to the final they send something unique, so all I can say is better luck next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment