Saturday, February 18, 2012

Eurovision 2012 Entrants: Norway

Countries keep selecting their entrants for the Eurovision Song Contest, and I've become lax in posting up in the blog. 

But anyway, Norway chose their entrant last weekend, and the Iranian-Norwegian singer Tooji won with his song "Stay".



It's a solid, if rather heavy club song, well performed and choreographed.  But it does sound like a knockoff of last year's Swedish entry

Tooji himself has stage presence and is very easy on the eyes, which will help him as well.  In other words, it's likely to do well. 

Personally, I'm not wild about the song.  I doubt I'd listen to it more than once or twice before skipping over it.  I dislike the musical pandering to Eastern Europe in the opening and the hard pumping club beat that is the basis of the song is totally not my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment