Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Eurovision 2012 Entrants: Hungary

I have to confess, I've spent the past hour or so watching the eight finalists from this year's Hungarian national final.

And out of the eight finalists, I must admit that the winner is my favorite.



Compact Disco  "The Sound of Our Hearts"


I have one main caveat to my approval for the song, and that's all due to the lead vocalist.  Csaba Walkó come doesn't come across in the clip as having enough stage presence and vocal power to pull the song out of being very interesting.  He had no camera presence and looks like he's drowning in a jacket two sized too large for him.

It reminds me rather of Lena Meyer-Landrut of Germany a couple of years ago.  I though she had no presence or vocal power before making it to the stage in Oslo, and she wound up winning the entire thing, so that analysis must be taken with a grain of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment