Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Eurovisionaries: Lúcia Moniz

Sometimes I write about singers from the Eurovision Song Contest a newcomer to the contest know, but may not know they were a part of Eurovision--like Celine Dion or ABBA.

This one is me introducing you to a Eurovision Song Contest participant that I think you should know.

If you're a lover of romantic comedies, you know who she is already.
I'll confess it, Lúcia Moniz is my Eurovision crush and the singer of my favorite Portuguese song in the Contest.  (Which is saying something.)


Lúcia Moniz  "O meu coração não tem cor"  Portugal  1996


It came in sixth in the competition, and is Portugal's best placing in the contest to date. 
After the contest, she has kept herself busy, working steadily in television and releasing five albums in her native country, the most recent of which, "Fio de Luz", is available on Spotify.   (I highly recommend it.)  
 
However, for Americans she's famous for the movie she was cast in, Love Actually



Moniz lives the dream of many people--getting proposed to by Colin Firth.
 
Shame she hasn't done more English language movies...  I'd pay to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment