Friday, March 16, 2012

Eurovision Entrants 2012: Sweden

Probably the biggest qualifying show throughout Europe is Sweden's Melodifestivalen, a multi-week, multi-city competition that started in October and ended just a few minutes ago.

Out of this month-long competition, the following song won:




Loreen "Euphoria"


To me, this song feels like a cross between a Lady Gaga and a Katy Perry song, which,. depending on your opinion, could be a good thing or a bad thing. 

I really don't have much of an opinion on this one other than I think it's both interesting and a bit derivative, so I turned to my friend Annia,  a vivacious Swede (and a damn fine actor) living in the Last Frontier for her analysis of the song.

And here's her thoughts:

"This one was the best in the bunch and I'm VERY happy it isn't a boy band, nor any other kind of coordinated dance groups in the background. Also, she's barefooted as opposed to every other stiletto-wearing, sex-kitten, women-degrading entry. So... not all bad. But, my guess is Sweden will have to qualify next year - no clear top placement with this one..".

So what do you think of this song?  Do you agree with me or Annia?  Or do you have a different opinion? 

No comments:

Post a Comment