Saturday, March 24, 2012

Eurovision 2012 Entrants: Turkey

Let's keep plugging our way through the entrants for this year's Eurovision Song Contest with the Turkish entrant. 

Turkey, like a number of countries, did an internal selection and selected Can Bonomo.  Can is a radio producer turned DJ, turned singer, turned Turkish entrant to the Eurovision Song Contest.

Turkey has been perennially successful in the Eurovision Song Contest since 2003, when Sertab Erener won the contest with her performance of "Every Way That I Can". 

That was until last year, when the country failed to qualify for the finals for the first time since the semifinals were introduced in 2004. So let's see what Turkey's sending this year. 



Cam Bonomo  "Love Me Back"


And my response is WTF?

I suppose this could be good, but I can't take any song seriously that has lyrics like "Na nanani nanana nanana na na" and "Hop on to my ship, baby, I'll make you fly". 

So of course, it'll make the final.



No comments:

Post a Comment