Monday, March 5, 2012

Eurovision 2012 Entrants: Finland

Ah Finland...  Land of Lordi.  Let's take a listen to the song the Finns have chosen this year.


Pernilla Karlsson  "När jag blundar"

Finnish broadcaster YLE decided to change up the format of the their national selection for this year. This new selection process, Uuden Musiiken Kilpailu, wasn't without controversy; however, the song the Finns chose is probably the prettiest song I've listened to for this year's contest.

"När jag blundar" is performed in Swedish, an official language in Finland, and if 'm reading the translation correctly, it's a about a mother sung by her daughter.  (Swedish singers feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) 

After some thought, I have to say that this is currently my favorite song.  I just hope that the non-Eurovision feel of the song, which has more of the feel of Scandinavian folk music than schlager, makes the final.  It certainly deserves to.

No comments:

Post a Comment