Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Eurovision 2015: Norway

Every year at Eurovision there is one song where I vigorously disagree with the rest of the Eurovision fan base, and this year Norway has sent that song.

Yep, a lead balloon.  A metaphor for the Norwegian entry.


Mørland & Debrah Scarlett   "A Monster Like Me"

For me, this is the worst song of the forty entries.  The twee vocals, the swoony strings, and the melodramatic staging are so repellent to me in visceral way.   I have only been able to watch the clip once all the way through.  Any other attempts cause me to cringe and switch to something else.

However, it ticks all the boxes for a top ten finish on the night of the finals, so "A Monster Like Me" is getting a lot of love from Eurovision fans.

---

I personally wish that the Norwegians had chosen a different song, one that was upbeat and completely silly.


Staysman & Lazz   "En godt stekt pizza"

Country techno with rap.  It's kind of off the wall and insane but this song is the only song I've seen throughout the final that was silly and fun.   Eurovision needs to be silly and fun and I would have loved for this to go to Vienna.

But, serious we must be and we have another dramatic duet.  At least I know when I'm going to make myself a cup of coffee during the first semi final.

No comments:

Post a Comment