Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Eurovision 2014: Poland

Welcome back Poland!



After a two year absence, Poland has decided to enter Eurovision again.  Happily, they've brought a song that I like quite a bit.


Donatan and Cleo   "My Słowianie"

This rap/folk hybrid is really infectious and entertaining as hell.  I look forward to blasting this from my car radio while driving around town--which gives it bonus points in my book.

Yet for all of my personal cheer-leading, I can see this suffering from the same fate the coolest song from last year's contest.


Who See  "Ingranka"  Montenegro 2013

Who See's rapping was on point and the stage show was fantastic, but it was just a little too "out there" for many of the viewers and went nowhere--coming in twelfth in the semifinal.

I predict that the same thing will happen with "My Słowianie".  It doesn't deserve that fate, but it's just the nature of Eurovision.  It's supposedly looking for something modern but tends to go for safe and recognizable.

Here's hoping that coolness will prevail and Poland makes the finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment