Monday, March 31, 2014

Eurovision 2014: Ukraine

The one thing that I love about watching national finals is that they are typically fun, with a lot of interesting songs, cool production values, and a whole lot of national pride.

Ukraine's national final took place back on December 21st, and in my eyes, Ukraine's final is usually a surefire winner.  Typically there are a lot of interesting songs and a performer that strikes my fancy.  But not this year.   Instead of a fun show with lots of possible contenders, this year's national final felt like a coronation for this song and performer:


Maria Yaremchuk  "Tick-Tock"

The presentation of the song was rather appalling, but in my eyes it was the only song that could actually make an impact in Copenhagen.   There were 19 other songs and none of them actually stuck in my ear.

But never fear, even if you didn't like the presentation in the national final, the Ukrainians are working on it.


Like usual, the song has been tinkered with and is looking much more appealing than it was.  I predict another high placement for Ukraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment