Saturday, March 23, 2013

Eurovision 2013: Norway

It's funny, for some entries, I'm able to write almost without thinking, while with other, I'm stumped for weeks.

This entry is one of those.

I really should have had not trouble writing about the Norwegian national final--Melodi Grand Prix--because it was a well run show with a a wide selection of musical styles:


Vidar Busk  "Paid My Way"
 
 
Gromth featuring Emil Solli-Tangen   "Alone"
 
 
Sirkus Eliassen   "I Love You Te Quiero"
 
You would think that  national final that can have rockabilly, heavy metal/opera, and white rap should be easy to write about.  But really all ten songs presented in the national final were quite good, including the the winner
 
 
 
Margaret Berger   "I Feed You My Love"
 
"I Feed You My Love" isn't to my musical taste, I preferred this song
 
 



Gaute Ormåsen   "Awake"
 
 
but the song is quite interesting and the performance was striking.  It was the song to send to Malmö, and I suspect that Berger is going to be a contender in the final--the performer, song, and production are tailor made for the Swedish production style.

And that's about all I can say about the Norsk Melodi Grand Prix.  When you have a well produced songs with strong songs (even if they're not to my personal taste) and a very solid winner, there's nothing that you can really pick apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment