Sunday, March 13, 2016

Eurovison 2016: Macedonia


No matter where they fall at Eurovision, Macedonia is always on top of national flags.
As I mentioned in my review of last year's Macedonian entry, Kaliopi is one of the best singers their country has, and it's unsurprising that they have turned to her to represent their country again this year.

"Crno i Belo" is one of my favorite Eurovision songs, so I had high hopes for the song she would bring to Stockholm.


Kaliopi   "Dona"

Unfortunately, this song is not as strong as her previous entry, with no build and a repetitive chorus.  While her ability to clearly interpret lyrics is as strong as ever, she has been let down by the song she has been given to perform.

"Dona" is a marginal qualifier at best and it saddens me to say that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment