Saturday, March 26, 2016

Eurovision 2016: Netherlands

My husband, who is both a Europhile and a bit of a smart ass, has always said that the Netherlands is the "America of Europe".  I've always taken that statement with a grain of salt, but with with each new Eurovision entry I see, I'm starting to believe him.


Douwe Bob   "Slow Down"

Alt-country?   Alt-country is a thing in the Netherlands?  I thought The Common Linnets was a one off thing...

Seriously, this is the first song that I have heard this year that makes me think that it could win the contest.   The song is upbeat, catchy, and unique.  It made me immediately want to pick up the phone and vote for it.   That is what I consider to be a successful song.

If the Dutch get the staging right and the song has a good placement in the final, this song has a good chance of doing extremely well.   









No comments:

Post a Comment