Saturday, April 7, 2012

Eurovision 2012 Entrants: Lithuania

After a little break, I'm back,and now I'm taking a listen to Lithuania's entry.




Donny Montell "Love Is Blind"


I have a feeling that I'm going to be going out on a limb, but I like how the song is structured--it builds and builds and builds, which will always suck me in, just like my favorite dance song ever.



Kylie Minogue  "Love At First Sight"


I agree, it's like comparing filet mignon to pink slime, but there is building in both songs.  (And I do love an excuse to put up my favorite dance song ever.  If they played this at Mad Myrna's, I'd be there most Friday nights.)

But Donny really should be compared to another Eurovision entrant, the 2005 entrant from Sweden.


Martin Stenmarck  "Las Vegas"  Sweden 2005


What started out as interesting and kind of unique to me turned into a sound-alike to a former Eurovision song that didn't do so well.  (Stenmarck came in 19th out of 25 in the final that year.)


And I expect Montell to fall in the same place.  He'll make it to the final, but the song will get lost win the shuffle.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment