Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Eurovision 2017: Belarus

It's always great when a country surprises with their entry, and this year Belarus has done just that.


Naviband    "Historyja majho žyccia"

Belarus usually chooses a song that apes western musical sensibilities and usually comes out the worse for wear.   This year, they chose a song that has strong ties to the folk music of the region and is sung in the Belarussian language.   I love it.   It's been in my Eurovision song rotation since I first heard it, much to the chagrin of my husband.

Qualification to the final is a much trickier thing.  I hope this will appeal to enough viewers and jury members to get it through to the final on Saturday.  Belarus doesn't have a great qualification track record, but I hope the quality will win out.




No comments:

Post a Comment