Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Eurovision 2013: Belgium

I have to admit in the economic climate in Europe right now, the way the Belgians have chosen their entrant is very cost effective.

Radio Télévision Belge Francophone, the French language broadcaster in Belgium, internally selected Roberto Bellarosa, the winner of the Walloon version of The Voice, a singing competition that has spread across the world.

RTBF selected three songs to be presented to the public on a radio program, and a combined jury and phone vote selected the song that Bellarosa would sing in Sweden.

The Winner

 
 
Roberto Bellarosa   "Love Kills"
 
 
I think it's a perfectly innocuous song  I can't understand the English lyrics--his accent is somewhat incomprehensible.  But I may have been hypnotized by the eyebrows or the the leather pants, both of which are pretty incredible.
 
As it stands right now, I don't think it has a chance of making it out of the semifinal it's placed in, but we have six months and I expect changes will be made.
 
 
Should Have Won
 
 
 
Roberto Bellarosa  "Love Kills"
 
It's not because I think it's a great song, which truthfully I don't.  The other two songs presented were worse, and out of the three I would have chosen it myself.
 
 
My Favorite
 
Truth be told, I don't really care for any of them so I can't say that any of them are my favorite.  So I'm posting up a Belgian Eurovision entry I really do like.
 
 

 
 Dream Express  "A Million In One, Two, Three"  1977

 


No comments:

Post a Comment