Sunday, July 15, 2012

Eurovisionaries: Global.Kryner

As I mentioned in my review of Austrian Eurovision songs, I would be writing more about Global.Kryner, the Austrian entrant in 2005.

They opened the Contest that year with this Latin/German beer hall number.



Global.Kryner  "Y Asi"

It didn't do well, coming in 21st out of 25 songs in the the semi-final, but based on the presentation video above, it was far and away my favorite song that came out of that year's contest.

I loved it so much I actually ordered the album, the first time a performer from the Song Contest actually made me part with my hard earned money. 

And I'm glad I did, because they are a fantastic cover band. 
They sold me on a Madonna song!


Global.Kryner  "Like A Virgin"

They made me realize what a great piece of pop writing this is!




  Global.Kryner  "Toxic"


They were able to reinterpret an overdone standard in an interesting way!




Global.Kryner  "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"

f you haven't listened to their music, you really should go seek them out and pick up one or two of their CDs.  They perform sunny, fun music that is well worth a listen. 

I admit it, I'm proselytizing a bit, but they are Eurovisionary, and well worth a bit of promotion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment